Thursday, October 18, 2007

First Blog EVER


This project is out of the Debbie Bliss Denim Cotton pattern book and it's the Boat Neck Aran Sweater. I did not use her yarns (though I really would love to!), and instead found some yarn that was the same gauge, however, when I started knitting, I realized that this would be far to big & lumpy for my taste, so I purchased Sensations kashmira yarn in black which had a smaller gauge, and to my amazement is coming out in the right size that I wanted it to, including the raglan shaping. I have completed the front and back, as well as 1 sleeve. Now I need to finish the other sleeve, the raglan inserts and the boat neck shaping, and I will have a wonderful and warm sweater. This will be my very first completed sweater.. meaning that this will be the first one ever to be sewn & worn.
The detailing in this picture is a bit hard to see, but it is literally all cabling.. Love to knit something challenging!

No comments: